Key West / Cozumel Vacation Pics

djminus1

Yo...
I just returned from a much needed vacation cruise in the Carribbean. Our ports of call were at Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. We got to go snorkeling in Key West which was incredible. We had underwater cameras but the pics didn't turn out so good. I have attached the ones that did.
In cozumel we went to an ecological park called Excaret. It was basically carved out of the Jungle among Mayan ruins. It was really cool because you got to see a lot of neat animals in their natural habitat. They had a large reef aquarium exhibit there which i have posted some pictures of.
Enjoy...

sato

pfft lucky
"Edit:please refrain from the use of foul language"
it seems like everytime I go to the keys there is or was some massive storm and the water is cloudy and everything looks green.

teen

wasnt that a barracuda? he could do some damage :D but then again ive swam with alligators in florida soo.... actually i didnt even know he was there until in seen him from about 15 feet away, i still kept swimming though :happyfish

djminus1

Actually, at one point, the Barracuda swam up to me and looked into my mask. I was a little nervous but he was cool. He was a lot bigger than he looks in the picture. I would say he was pushin' four feet. I wanted to see him kill something but he was sort of lazy.

larrynews

isn't that a great cruise ....i got married on the ship on that cruise 3 years ago... what line we were on royal carribean....need to go again

djminus1

We were on Carnival, and yes, it was awesome. The next time I go I plan to have my dive certification and go on some of the reef and cavern dives that are available.
What blows my mind was how cheap the vacation was. Prior to going, my friends tried to tell me it was going to be a ripoff because they would try to charge you for everything on the ship. To my suprise, most everything was included! We really only had to pay for drinks and gambling. Assuming that you are not an alcoholic or a problem gambler, you can really make it a cheap vacation.
It is now my preferred vacation. I can't wait until next year! More ports of call next time though!
:jumping:

rubberduck

wow all those sea turtles are sooooooooooooooo cool. are some of those pics with lots of growth tanks or are they in the wild?