Kh problem

i love fish

since i set up my DT over a year ago,i never tested the Kh, only the Ph. Just last week I got a Kh test kit and tested the DT water and it was 6. I also tested my source water 2 c if the problem came from there and the Kh of the source water was 3, so then I went on to test a batch of aged SW I'd mixed up 2 weeks ago, as well as a batch I'd just mixed up afew days ago, and both batches matched the DT (Kh 6).
So i have gathered that the problem is the source water.
I know that the Kh of the DT should b at least 8, so I purchased a Kh/Ph up fluid just yesterday.
The Ph of my DT is 8.2 and I'm concerned that the Kh plus may bring the Ph up 2. What should I do in this case.
Also if I do use the KH up in the DT and it reached 8 will I still need to use the Kh up on each batch of SW for the water changes?
thanks

oneradtek

i dose for kh twice a week, that keeps mine up. I have the same problem too. with dosing i can keep my kh up around 8 dkh. which is ok, because thats on the lower end of the range but thats what i have to work with even with dosing. but if i didnt have hard arcopora and monti corals eating up my kh then id be ok haha

i love fish

Does Kh really matter in a fish only system with afew hermit crabs and shrimps, so long as the PH is fine? Just wondering?