KH very high,

levinjac

the only time i would dose is during hypo considering it will probibly be low any way after geting it to a low salt

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/381393/kh-very-high/20#post_3322406
the only time i would dose is during hypo considering it will probibly be low any way after geting it to a low salt
Well, it depends what is in the tank. I have to dose alkalinity buffer because my LPS skeletons are large and they soak it up. People who have lots of SPS and clams also have to dose Ca.

levinjac

oh i just ment ingeneral like he has a fowler with inverts anem sooo he has no need unless the ph is low

antwon

so to summarize ur convo up i dont need to add buffer to my topping off water or my water change water( and i will buy a calcium test next time i visit the lfs)?

antwon

great to know thanx oh and wud either of u hav any advice on how to get rid of microbubbles they drive me insane i hav a coralife 125 gallon skimmer for about three months(the old one wuz horrible) it creates a nice film on top of the tank though which i think is good

gemmy

There really should not be a film on top of the tank (do you mean collection cup). Proper water flow should take care of this.

antwon

well i wuz actually told i needed one but i hav a backup so i cud throw that one in if neededifakjukav aa

btldreef

The surface of the water in your tank should look like it's boiling (that's the best way to explain it). You should not see a surface film on the water, that is not a good thing.
As for microbubbles, honestly, I hate Coralife's skimmer. A lot of people have problems with them. If you can't afford a different skimmer, add a bubble catcher to the sump and try to run the skimmer a little wetter (working harder).

antwon

i used to hav my PH like that but i put i down more, so i will fix it. as for the skimmer, that is the one that the lfs sold me. they said it would be good, especially since it is rated for a 125 gallon. i realized that thing that puts the bubbles in my tank is when the small little hole on the outake for the sump blows across the surface, it blows all the things from the film on top of the tank into the water, i think