killer foxface

small triggers

so, yesterday (while of course i'm having a horrible day already and stayed home from work to deal with a death in my family) as i decided to feed my fish while i was home and could watch them. Everyone ate,, then the toadfish and humma decided a little game of chase was in the works, the humma nipped my 6in foxface and literally scared it into a frenzy. So she swam aqround then tank banging into both ends then trying to leap out (and hit the tops on the tank). In all the maylay i thought maybe someone got stung,, no one but the fox died so i thought all was okay. until this evening. the toad was out of his cave looking crazy, all bloated and then he died too. CRAZY. so needless to say im more upset than i already was and one of my favorite (the second fish i ever bought was the fox) fish dies because its so skiddish.
ANYWAYS, just thought id get it off my chest, it really cant get any worse than this (can it?)

james2042

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/2941253
so, yesterday (while of course i'm having a horrible day already and stayed home from work to deal with a death in my family) as i decided to feed my fish while i was home and could watch them. Everyone ate,, then the toadfish and humma decided a little game of chase was in the works, the humma nipped my 6in foxface and literally scared it into a frenzy. So she swam aqround then tank banging into both ends then trying to leap out (and hit the tops on the tank). In all the maylay i thought maybe someone got stung,, no one but the fox died so i thought all was okay. until this evening. the toad was out of his cave looking crazy, all bloated and then he died too. CRAZY. so needless to say im more upset than i already was and one of my favorite (the second fish i ever bought was the fox) fish dies because its so skiddish.
ANYWAYS, just thought id get it off my chest, it really cant get any worse than this (can it?)

Im sorry to hear about all your losses. Keep looking up better days will come...

oceanlover

Ow, that was painful for you to watch. Sorry for your loss of the two fish. Would it be time for the huma to go to another more aggressive tank?

small triggers

my tank is really aggressive and he didnt take a chunk outta him he just nipped him. though he did just start that behavior hes only about 3in long (have had him for 2 years and when he was the size of a half dollar coin) Ive decided that im not going to replace the foxface or toadfish,, that im done. I bought a lunare wrasse with the toad last friday so the tank is done,,, with 4 triggers, 2 maroon clowns, a kole tang and a freckle hawk. Im just gonna leave it where its at until we build the bigger tank (and see if there is any extra room then)

R

rcreations

That sucks. But why did the Foxface die? It couldn't have been from a little nip.

ca161406

my fox did the same thing when it got nipped during feeding time. it smashed against everything and then got stuck in a hole about half the size of the fish. i eventually got it out but it was a goner :/

small triggers

yeah,,, smashed itself against every side of the tank and tried to jump out like 2 times and hit itself against the tops broke every vessel in its body (kinda turned red under its 'skin') and thus floated down the the bottom :( I thought maybe he just scared himself to much so i netted him and left him for like 15minutes to see if hed 'revive' but NO.
I really dont think i want another fish but its hard not having mellow yellow in my tank (name doesnt exactly fit anymore, since hes not so mellow)
I may think about a yellow tang, but dont know if i want to chance it with my kole