Killing aiptasia in a rock-only tank?

zeromus-x

Once we get the tank at work settled I'll be moving all my fish into it (36g to a 75g). At that point I've got an empty tank with a ton of live rock and more aiptasia than you could shake a needle full of boiling water at.
I bought one of those "aiptasia killer" things that comes with a syringe and you're supposed to inject it in/near them... but there's just too many and they're everywhere. I have very porous rock and I'll spend the next three years just trying to find it all.
At this point what would be my best bet to get rid of it with no fish to worry about in the tank? I've got a bunch of hermits and snails but they can always be transferred, too... then the tank will be completely void of marine life (except for any hitchhikers on the rocks of course!).
A dozen peppermint shrimp maybe?

rbrockm1

i had a piece that had one on it and i took it out of the tanktill it died and haven't seen it since

farslayer

Happy hunting :) I'm not sure of any quick way to do it, but if I were you I would start blasting the big ones and maybe put in something to eat the smaller ones. Peppermint shrimp are a good idea, provided that your fish won't eat them.