Killing Aiptasia

nicodemus

I have about 5-6 aiptasia that have popped up in my tank. I bought a peppermint shrimp a couple of weeks ago when they first appeared, but i think my much larger cleaner shrimp killed him. After the peppermint disappeared I tired injecting boiling water and now lemon water. None of these are working...any suggestions?

trainfever

You could buy a Copperband butterfly fish. Aipstasias are supposed to be its' favorite food. There is also a chemical called Joes' Juice which is supposed to be good at killing Aipstasia.

jjlittle

Joe's juice is the bomb works great its instantly kills thwm and very easy to use just put juice into suringe which they provide and squirt some directly on them.

tthemadd1

Kalkwasser paste inject it into the mouth. I have killed two this way and working on the third one in my DT...
Good Luck, They are strong
tthemaddhatter

acekjd83

my free way is to stick a scalpel right down into the middle of the aip, and spin it around. i like to grind out a little divot of the rock, maybe a quarter of an inch in diameter, to make sure i got it all. then i suck up the remains with my siphon, so they don't reattach. it's worked like a charm, and no chemicals or boiling water required. :happy: