Kind of OT: Would this Scare you ?

If I saw this .... I'd have a cow, then discover the fact that I could indeed walk or maybe better said RUN on water !!
Don't know where the pic was taken. But the shark looks alot like a Great White. But I think it may be a dolphin.

aggie05

It is a dolphin for sure and it has been proven. Personally it really doesn't look like a shark to me.

krishj39

Yup, I agree it is a dolphin. However, if I was that surfer, I'd be out of there. Unless I saw a cute, Flipper face, I couldn't be convinced it was safe enough to go in the water.

killafins

Yeah... I would have completely flipped out. I tried surfing monday and not only did I completely fail but just the fact that sharks are in the oceans changed my mind to go back to the beach... (i'm so pathetic :( )

S

slofish

dolphin or not, that'd scare me. We just had a shark attack about a month ago out here. yip, it was a great white. There were lots of seals and dolphins around when it happened, so i wouldnt be too close to that thing in the water.... SWIM SURFER SWIM!!!:D

timsedwards

definately a dolphin...although im pretty sure they still have teeth...which is enough reason for me to go eek! :eek:
Tim.

aggie05

I wish I could find the link. There was a news story about it. It happened at a surfing contest and they are absolutely sure it is a dolphin. Yall shouldn't be scared of sharks, just swim with a bunch of people, they can only eat one of you at a time:p

lovethesea

:eek: no matter what it is ,that would scare me right out of that wet suit. The dorcil fin looks like dolphin, but the tail appears (could be a shadow) to be a vertical tail, dolphin tail fluke is horizontal. Is there a shadow underneath also or maybe baby:)
cool pic though

k9-fish

there are three more photos with that one and the last two show the dolphin coming out of the water. I would still have a warm spot following me around that board!

lovethesea

I would love to see those other pic, Dolphin are my favorite, and it looks like a big in' . I got to swim with a 700# . Massive creature. Do you see a baby underneath? Or just shadow.

buzz

That thing is huge. After I realized it was a dolphin, I'd be OK with it, but initially, seeing that silhouette next to me would scare the daylights out of me. Just the sheer size of it is scary.

krishj39

The first time I went surfing, I got back home and heard on the news that someone was killed by a great white while surfing less than a mile down from where I was. I was planning on going surfing the next day, and let me tell you, it took a ton of courage for me to get back into the water that next day. I had my arms and legs completely up and out of the water as much as possible, and when I fell of the board, I got back on as fast as I could. Haha, super paranoid, but I sure didn't care at the time! I'm not scared of much, but not being able to see what is under me when I'm in water is probably one of the scariest things for me. KNOWING there was a man eater somewhere fairly close didn't help things any.

kreach

Hey guys... just for the record... you are statistically more likely to be struck by lightning than to be bitten by a shark... or so I read somewhere.
Just some fun FYI... :D

krishj39

Yup, that's true. You are also more likely to die by a falling coconut than a shark attack. However, neither of those consider the fact that MOST people don't spend any significant time in the ocean, thus very much lowering the average chance of being attacked by a shark.