Kip, Flatworm Exit?!?

Fixing to get some flatwork exit tommorrow. Lookin for some pointers on its use. I have read the inet and found some good tips, but would like to hear from somebody has experiance, and that i trust. I read your post on when you used it, just doing all my homework. I got these lill buggers all over the glass. I need to look at my rock real close, but the dang lights just cut off.
Tank contians......
Torch Coral
Hammer Coral
FrogSpawn Coral
Zena (pom pom and and un-known fast pulsing kind)
Bunch of rics
Hairy Mushrooms
Umberila Mushroom
Queen Conch
Fighting Conch
Astria Snails
LM Bennly
CBS
What do i need to look out for. I am going to get some carbon, and have some water ready for a change. Anything that i need to really look for in my inhabatints (sp)? Do i leave skimmers on or off? I do have a HOB filter that i am going to run the carbon in.
Thanks for the help....just really worried here....
Been tring to figure out where the come from, the only thing that i can think off is i got a good size rock filled with zoos. thats the only rock that i have added in about 6 months.
:nervous: :needhelp: :nervous:

benj2112

This might not have anything to do with saltwater, but I just happened to read today that flatworms in freshwater tanks often get into tanks from the lfs foods (both dried and frozen) we feed our tanks with. I have no idea how true that is or if it is just way out there, plus that is talking about freshwater tanks. I just thought I would mention it.
Also, since Kip is getting married (today I think) and it might be a while before he starts answering questions again.

crap, i did not know he was getting married today. Poor guy......j/k.
O, i forgot i also have a long tenacel plate coral.

nas19320

Well I'm not Kip but I have gone through the FW exit routine. It wasn't all that bad for me because I caught it really early on before they got a good foothold on my tank. I would suggest siphoning as many as you can out because believe me, the number you see does not come close to the number you can't. I thought I only had a few laying around but when I dosed all kinds of them came rushing out of the rocks. The key is to reduce as many of the flatworms as possible because the toxin they release is what is deadly. I would be ready with a substantial water change and be prepared to run carbon. I suffered no loses.

kzlen

I dunno, I have white flatworms and used flatworm exit 2 times, according to the direction .... Still have them, dont get it :confused:

goblue

try a blue velvet nudibranch if you can find one. their diet consists solely of flatworms. the only downside is that it will starve if it does eventually eat all of them.