KJR's 240 FOWLR

kjr_trig

Started the tank (8ftx2x2)in late January of this year. 80 lbs crushed coral, 100 lbs live reef substrate roughly 200+ lbs of LR between tank and fuge.
Current stock list
5+ inch Black Velvet Angel
5 inch Sunset Wrasse
3.5 inch Sargassum Trigger
3 inch Harlequin Tusk
3 inch Coral Beauty Angel
2 inch Flame Angel
2 inch Redtooth Trigger
Planned future stock list
Baby Porcupine Puffer...maybe next month
Juvi Emperor Angel
Juvi Sohal Tang....both late this Summer

crimzy

Love the sargassum. Great looking tank. Awesome stock list. Can't wait to see the puffer.

aquaknight

Looking great! Love the new fish! The tusk hurts a bit to look at right now,
but is gorgeous. I can't recall the last time I've seen a Black Velvet that good looking either.

ccampbell57

Kirk...looking awesome as usual! I love the Velvet angel! It compliments your tank so well. Your coloration is awesome.
Good choice on the Tusk! I knew he would fit in your tank!

kjr_trig

Thanks Everybody, really happy with the fish I have thus far, and can't wait for those last 2....I must say I am having second thoughts on doing a Puffer, too many horror stories about Puffers and scratching acrylic.

crimzy

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2609128
Thanks Everybody, really happy with the fish I have thus far, and can't wait for those last 2....I must say I am having second thoughts on doing a Puffer, too many horror stories about Puffers and scratching acrylic.

Just so you know I've had a porc and a dogface for years in an acrylic tank with no problems.
Personally I think a puff would be a great addition to your tank. JMO

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2609140
Just so you know I've had a porc and a dogface for years in an acrylic tank with no problems.
Personally I think a puff would be a great addition to your tank. JMO
Good to know, I know Strebd had a Dog in an acrylic with no issues too, in fact a few others...I just know how they get excited when they see someone and start rubbing on the tank.

I am still up in the air, my almost 3 year old asks every day when we are getting the puffer, so it will be hard to say no.

peter1215

very nice tank....is the background painted or paper? is a red tooth triger the same as a niger triger ? i had to take my niger trigger out because he killed my flame angel and was harrasing the blue throat trigger.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by peter1215
http:///forum/post/2628929
very nice tank....is the background painted or paper? is a red tooth triger the same as a niger triger ? i had to take my niger trigger out because he killed my flame angel and was harrasing the blue throat trigger.
Acrylic black permanant background. Yeah, Redtooth is same as Niger, I just prefer the common names most often....Right now the Niger is the smallest thing in the tank, glad they grow slowly, my previous one got more aggressive as he aged, all the fish chasing him now better hope he has a bad memory for a few years down the road when he outgrows about everybody
Just added a Half Moon Angel (Maculosus) on Friday, other than getting lost by FedEx for a day, he is doing great...He got chased by the Black Velvet a little the first day, but he is eating great, and only afraid of me.....Pics of him shortly, when he figures out i'm his buddy.