know that i got my nano glo led light how should setup my chambers

mega

i have everything that's recommended
chemi-pure
purigen
filter floss
nano glo led
maxi jet 900
ill grab some cheato from my lfs tomorrow how should each chamber be lined up ? do they carry media baskets for jbj 12g nano ? if not how do i keep the cheato in place ? any help is appreciated
right now i have my taking cycling with
chamber 1 - sponge
chamber 2 - lr , ceramic rings , bag of carbon
chamber 3 - heater , return pump

nissan577

*First the Biocubes*
By: Nissan577
1. well first of all you really dont need a skimmer. it really doesnt help. as long as you do proper water changes you are good. doing a refugium is the best way to go. IMO.
2. remove everything you got in the back. meaning the sponge, the top floor and anything else back there.
3. leaving the bottom false floor, put some chaetomorpha ontop of it. or you can put LR rubble on the false floor and chaeto ontop of that. BUT WHATEVER you do dont put the LR on the floor. put it on the false floor. so it can get flow.
4. Make sure the water is always ontop of the chaeto.
5. Next, buy some chemipure-elite and purigen. place the purigen in the first or third chamber and same thing for the chemipure.
6. for light you can get any submersible light or the AZOO PALM LIGHT
7. enjoy your refugium!
*JBJ nano tanks*
Provided by Nano-newb1983
First you will notice in the back of your tank you will have three chambers. In the 1st you will have a big sponge, 2nd small sponge, bag of ceramic rings, carbon and bio balls. 3rd you got your pump.
Now to start off i want you to take everything out of chambers 1 & 2. Dont touch 3.
Next i would like you to go to LFS or search online for these items.
Chemi-pure
Purigen
Chaeto
Fliter Floss
Small Light.
In Chamber one you will want to put in the Chemi-pure, Purigen and Filter Floss. The Filter Floss is optional, if you do use it i would replace every week or two, depends on how dirty it get.
Chamber two Is where you put the Cheato and light. The best way for it, is to add the Cheato in a cup. Keeps back area a bit cleaner. Now for the light i have an AZOO PALM LIGHT Cant post links, but google it and you will find it. When i added this light on back my cheato has been growing like crazy

mega

whats the top floor and the bottom floor ? if i put the cheato in a cup how will it get light?

nissan577

if you have the nano cube ignore the floor.
the light should be place over it or inside if its submersible

jj48

So do i just dump the Purigen and Chemi-pure into the first chamber of my NanoCube or does it need to be contained somehow?

nissan577

many reefers dump it just in. other build something with egg crate so that the flow passing by them.