kole tang with aggressive fish?

squirreloso

id like to get a kole tang someday but im not sure if they can handle a semi-aggressive tank.
can a kole be kept with a paddlefin wrasse, a valentini puffer and a maroon clown (which is extrememly docile as of now)
would the paddlefin wrasse be too active and spook the kole tang?

psusocr1

i had a kole tang wth my shark, rays, eel, large lions large tangs GSM etc.
i had to remove him because he was nipping at my stingrays slimecoat other than that from my experience they can DEF. hold their own.. voracious little pickers i tell ya!

robn

Well, if it helps you out, I have a Blue-Spotted Yellow Eye Kole tang in my 480 with 2 Foxfaces, a Naso, a Harlequin Tusk, a large Yellow Ray, Jeweled Eel, and a 22" Horn Shark.....it seems to do just fine.

squirreloso

oh cool thnx :)
compared to other tangs, are they more or less delicate? are they as prone to ich as the hippo?
skittish at all?
ive never had a tang, but these koles are adorable, they look like flattened blennies

robn

I haven't noticed them to be much of an ick problem (relative to being a tang of course
).....they are VERY active, always on the go....mine picks at my live rock most of the day....they also pick off glass which is entertaining when it's the front glass

nigerbang

Originally Posted by robn
I haven't noticed them to be much of an ick problem (relative to being a tang of course
).....they are VERY active, always on the go....mine picks at my live rock most of the day....they also pick off glass which is entertaining when it's the front glass

Leaving the kiss marks in the algae...That was entertaining..

psusocr1

agreed,, they are VORACIUOUS algae eaters.. all day and night picking , i say they are very hardy species..if you get ich on a kole tang something is really wrong..

95harley

While cleaning my tank last night I noticed that all my LR (over 300lbs) of it has that brown/grey detris that dust off of it and make a mess of the tank.
Was doing some research on my new Atl Blue tang today and found that the Kole is a detris eater. Now I personally don't think the Kole is much to look at IMO, but if one will start cleaning my LR and the green and brown algae that is covering the back glass on the tank ten one might gop on my short list.
I'm also concerned as I will already have a Yellow, Blond Naso, and now an Atl Blue tang in the tank and I'm afraid one more might just be TOO much.
Any thoughts?
Are these guys cleaners of the tank or just more bio-load?