Kole Tang

black cobra

Picked up a Kole Tang tonight from my LFS. Aclimated him for just over an hour and he is already picking the rocks and eating
Thank god!! I was a bit of a skeptic getting a tang after doing so much reading about them but he is cool as hell and he seems to be doing just fine with the two clowns I already had in there

They had a beautiful Blue Hippo as well as a Powder Blue but I know I dont have a big enough tank yet for them even though they were tiny I know how big those guys get. Plus how susceptable they are to Ich....

coralreefer

they are inclined to get ich when they are stressed. however, ich doesn't just show up, you have to introduce a fish into the system that has ich. what size tank do you have? if your tank is less than 4 feet long, it can be inclined to get other stress-related diseases like HHLE
hope that helps

black cobra

I have a 75G. This guy is about 3 inches. Yep I know all about tangs and the Ich.... He seems real calm though. He is gettin along with my clowns and he is picking my rocks and walls clean of Algae/Diatoms like a straight up Bulldozer!
I am working on getting some pics. Someone is borrowing my camera so I am gonna try and get it back to get some good shots for you all.
This is my first saltwater tank so I didnt want to go to big incase I didnt like the hobby but I love it so next year I am gonna go to probably a 300+ gallon so I can have some real beautys

flower

I bought a Kole Tang, he is great. Very nice and friendly ...bothers nothing and nothing seems to bother him.
When I first got him he didn't look at all like the pictures on SWF.com (where I ordered him from) he was all brown like the rocks and hid the first two days, he would come out nibble and dart back into the rock.
Now he is everywhere and all his colors wow, yellow fins, yellow eyes and little blue dots all over a craemy tan body. He looks brighter every day. I have had him a month now.
No more hair algae!
good fishy!

black cobra

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3003074
I bought a Kole Tang, he is great. Very nice and friendly ...bothers nothing and nothing seems to bother him.
When I first got him he didn't look at all like the pictures on SWF.com (where I ordered him from) he was all brown like the rocks and hid the first two days, he would come out nibble and dart back into the rock.
Now he is everywhere and all his colors wow, yellow fins, yellow eyes and little blue dots all over a craemy tan body. He looks brighter every day. I have had him a month now.
No more hair algae!
good fishy!

Thats awesome! Yeah mine hides into the rock work whenever I walk into the room. I am hoping that changes the more he sees me.
Mine is actually a purple-ish with yellow. Not really any brown

This guy truely is an eating machine though! He has completely cleaned all the algae off the back of the tank and has been hammering my rocks!