Koralia Troubleshooting... help

earlybird

Just noticed that my pump wasn't woking. The prop stopped rotating but hand on the PH and I can feel it's on. I had this problem once before and pulled at the prop with my pinky and it started right up again. I figured something got caught. Anyway, I've pulled it out and it seems that theres friction on the prop when resting in the pump. I tried cleaning it and it's still not working. Not happy as it's only a week old and I fouled up and chucked the receipt.
Any help is appreciated.

swabearf16

Try looking for sand/grit or even magnet particles where the prop shaft enters the PH. I had some sand in mine. Worked fine after cleaning it out with a Q-tip.

earlybird

Originally Posted by SWABearF16
Try looking for sand/grit or even magnet particles where the prop shaft enters the PH. I had some sand in mine. Worked fine after cleaning it out with a Q-tip.
Nothing that I can tell. I tried a qtip.

earlybird

Update.
LFS replaced it with no hassles. I must have gotten an older model as the new prop looks different. Hollowed point rather than rounded. I'm happy again.

brodweiser13

If I remember right, there was a recall on some of the models. It's possible you have a bad one. I thought I read about it here, but can't find it. I think if you contact Hydor through their site they can tell you the specifics.

hogs

Originally Posted by brodweiser13
If I remember right, there was a recall on some of the models. It's possible you have a bad one. I thought I read about it here, but can't find it. I think if you contact Hydor through their site they can tell you the specifics.
The new Koralia's say "New" on the box. The old units had a problem with electrocuting people.

earlybird

Originally Posted by Hogs
The new Koralia's say "New" on the box. The old units had a problem with electrocuting people.

Hayzeus
Glad I have a GFCI. The old box said new but the prop is definitely different.

hogs

Originally Posted by earlybird
Hayzeus
Glad I have a GFCI. The old box said new but the prop is definitely different.
Maybe Hydor is reconditioning the damaged units.