Korallin 1502 Calcium reactor with American Marine pinpoint PH controller

pbienkiewi

I have had my calcium reactor running for a week now. I recently upgrade a few parts. I bought a lid with a PH probe adapter and a PH controller. I am going to use the PH monitor to monitor the tanks PH. When I added the PH controller probe into the lid it reads that the PH inside the reactor is significantly lower than the PH inside the drip cup. I found this out by getting rid of the water in the drip cup and let the drip cup fill up again. I even took both PH probes and put them together into the drip cup and got the same PH.
Manufacture recommends the PH in the reactor stay between 6.5 and 7.0. With a drip rate of 40 and 10 Bubbles per minute, The PH in the reactor is reading somewhere around 6.2.
For those who run a calcium reactor with a ph controller what do you have the high and low settings of the controller set for? Why is there a diffrence in PH from inside the reactor to the PH in the drip cup?

geoj

I have had my calcium reactor running for a week now. I recently upgrade a few parts. I bought a lid with a PH probe adapter and a PH controller. I am going to use the PH monitor to monitor the tanks PH. When I added the PH controller probe into the lid it reads that the PH inside the reactor is significantly lower than the PH inside the drip cup. I found this out by getting rid of the water in the drip cup and let the drip cup fill up again. I even took both PH probes and put them together into the drip cup and got the same PH.
Manufacture recommends the PH in the reactor stay between 6.5 and 7.0. With a drip rate of 40 and 10 Bubbles per minute, The PH in the reactor is reading somewhere around 6.2.
For those who run a calcium reactor with a ph controller what do you have the high and low settings of the controller set for? Why is there a diffrence in PH from inside the reactor to the PH in the drip cup?
I first will say I take this with a grain of salt... As I don't use a reactor. I have the Pinpoint pH controller and use it with an ATO.
As you probably know you use CO2 to dissolve the media, if the pH is very low the media dissolves very fast and clogs the lines up. So you want to use as little CO2 as need to get it to dissolve. The water can only hold x amount of CO2, while in the reactor more is forced in the water. As it exits the reactor the CO2 can leave the water back down to normal levels. This is why the pH is higher in the cup, this is also what you want. You would like the CO2 to exit the water back to normal so as not to lower the pH in the tank.