Kordon "Ich Attack" 100% Organic

rpmx images

Has anyone Tried this Product from Kordon "Ich Attack" 100% Organic,
would like some feedback on if you used or like this Kordon Product and how
the out come in the Fish you tearted and what diseases it treated for you.
Thanks

novahobbies

I used it once back when I first got into the hobby.... my ich outbreak when I didn't qt a tang long enough. Basically this stuff is a "pepper sauce." It works by acting as a mild irritant, which causes the fish to react by building up their mucous layer. The idea is the parasite can't attach through the thicker layer of slime. It is moderately effective, but it won't actually kill the parasite, nor will it prevent future outbreaks once your immediate problem appears to clear up. Also this is terrible for some fish... the thicker slime on a mandarin will clog up his gill openings and smother the fish. Happened to mine.

tang4me

I tried this once and would never again. It seemed to really irratate my fish. Just made things worse.

novahobbies

All in all I would say no to using it either. I didn't have the coral problems and secondary infection issues (got lucky??) but as I said it DID kill my mandarin. Even if you use it and the problem "goes away," it won't be effective as a treatment against later attacks. There is really only ONE completely reef-safe and 100% effective way to treat ich in a reef display:

• Remove all fish to a secondary hospital tank, and treat with copper or hypo
    Allow display tank to remain fallow (just coral and inverts) for 2 months.
I may be wrong about the time for leaving the tank empty. Do some research and check on that. It's a heck of a solution and very labor / time intensive, but if there's ich in the display tank, the only way it's coming out is if you remove the host animals and allow the parasites to die out....including encysted eggs.
Naturally, your best bet is prevention. QT is your friend!