Kris=Shark

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Kris...shouldn't you have graduated to a SHARK already?!

[This message has been edited by beth (edited 03-24-2000).]

fishgirl

how do you "graduate to a Shark"? I'm new at this discussion board. Under my user name it says "juvi-emporer" what does this mean?
Thanx for being patient w/ me.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Basically you have to be deemed worthy by bullitin board administrators....meaning good, frequent advise.
You are a juvi because you are new and haven't given [or given enough] helpful advise.
[This message has been edited by beth (edited 03-24-2000).]

stig

Yes, Beth I agree with you 100%.
Kris has given me nothing but no-bull, straight down the line advice. Shark.
Even better, none of it has been bad advice.
Thanks, Kris, I've learnt a lot from you

Shark...................

kris

Thank you guys--- I have pretty much really been feeling like a stupid ---- since my first disaster and really bad mistake of not quarantining long enough--I'm glad you all have not lost faith in me. Thanks I feel better now.

kris

O.K..I've given this some thought--I'm not so sure, beth, that there are any "administrators" of this board. I think (and if anyone can really say for sure please do so) that the ranking system here has everything to do with quantity of replies not "quality". I would lay money on the fact that someone could reply... "beats the hell out of me" everytime and still graduate to the next level. Because the fact of the matter is not everyone agrees on what is the best advice, so how can one or two people decide on who's is the best and promote them? It would defeat the whole purpose of the board. But thanks again for letting me know YOU think I'm worthy, I'll take that as a huge compliment..coming from a shark.
[This message has been edited by Kris (edited 03-25-2000).]

stig

Kris, I think you might be right. I seem to have progressed to "jumbo" and I have no idea why. Maybe it's just number of posts replied to. Then again, if anyone considers me worthy, I'm flattered.

porkypuffer

GETTING TO JUMBO I BELIEVE IS AUTOMATIC AFTER 30 TO 35 POSTS, BUT I DO KNOW THERE ARE ADMINISTRATORS OF THIS BOARD BECAUSE I'VE TRIED POSTING A WEB SITE TO HELP SOMEONE FIND AQUARIUM SUPPLIES AND IT WAS DELETED. I HAVE ALSO SEEN OTHER POSTS CHANGED. I AGREE, KRIS SHOULD BE A SHARK!!!!!!!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You're not supposed to post websites to other venders [read FAQ section on this website]. This site is monitored for obsenities and whatever content is considered inappropriate material. Also, for those of you seeking help with many of your problems and questions, this website has very good "beginner" type responses to a lot of questions. My suggestion to beginners would be to read the info on the website regarding diseases, equiptment, etc, then post ??? if you can't get your answer. But that's only my opinion

fishgirl

I know I havn't given over 35 replies yet, but I WAS UPGRADED TO A "Jumbo". Many people did say I was helpfull though.
I don't think it's automatic... but I can't say I know for sure when/why u get upgraded.

kris

I thought it was very funny, I get a good laugh out of this topic every time, and JT's was the best.