Krusty the Clown is on his way

ccampbell57

YES!!! I feel like a kid waiting for his christmas presents on christmas eve! My new clown trigger is coming by FedEx tomorrow morning and I can't wait! I will post pics as soon has he arrives.
Should I keep the blueline as well? It would be kinda cool to have 2 angels, 2 tangs and 3 triggers.
Thoughts?

N

nemo_66

im not sure about your question, but i love clown triggers. i didnt want to sell him, but we are thinking about moving so i had to sell the BIG tank. the person who i sold it to made him get ich and die.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
im not sure about your question, but i love clown triggers. i didnt want to sell him, but we are thinking about moving so i had to sell the BIG tank. the person who i sold it to made him get ich and die.
That SUCKS!!! That is why I would never EVER sell my fish to just anyone. They are like my babies. My wife always yells at me that I love my fish more than my dogs!!! Which is true

N

nemo_66

yea, i was pertty p1ssed myself. i also like fish and corals more than anyother pet, since SWF is pretty rare and less of a hassel when it comes to pets.
PS, it wasnt just my clown trigger, he almost killed the humahuma, killed the dogface puffer, and almost killed the lunar wrasse. the only things that didnt come close to dieing was the three damsels.
Lunar and humahuma are still recovering.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
yea, i was pertty p1ssed myself. i also like fish and corals more than anyother pet, since SWF is pretty rare and less of a hassel when it comes to pets.
PS, it wasnt just my clown trigger, he almost killed the humahuma, killed the dogface puffer, and almost killed the lunar wrasse. the only things that didnt come close to dieing was the three damsels.
Lunar and humahuma are still recovering.
All I can say is

kjr_trig

Yeah for Krusty!!! Make sure and post a few pics.
I say get the Blueline, they are awesome fish, and in a year (right about the time he wants to start "roughing up" your tangs), he is in a 180 with Krusty, as you will have moved your Tangs and Angels to the bigger tank...Throw in a Fimbriated Eel with Krusty and Blue, and you have a really aggressive tank.

First time I heard of clown triggers getting ich. My buddy had a tank full of ich on his medium size tangs and angels. This 2 inch clown trigger had nothing, breathing, eating, swimming. Just a normal day.
His clown trigger is around 5 to 6 inch now.
This is a serious hardy fish. Basically you will be very happy with this fish. I am going to buy one and see if it goes along with my Niger trigger.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Yeah for Krusty!!! Make sure and post a few pics.
I say get the Blueline, they are awesome fish, and in a year (right about the time he wants to start "roughing up" your tangs), he is in a 180 with Krusty, as you will have moved your Tangs and Angels to the bigger tank...Throw in a Fimbriated Eel with Krusty and Blue, and you have a really aggressive tank.
I like that Idea...I actually really want a Green Moray. There is one for sale for $100 at a LFS I visit when I am out in Cali on business...

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by 3stripedamsel
First time I heard of clown triggers getting ich. My buddy had a tank full of ich on his medium size tangs and angels. This 2 inch clown trigger had nothing, breathing, eating, swimming. Just a normal day.
His clown trigger is around 5 to 6 inch now.
This is a serious hardy fish. Basically you will be very happy with this fish. I am going to buy one and see if it goes along with my Niger trigger.
Well - I'll let you know how my Niger and Clown get along in about 5 weeks (after QT).

ok thanks ..do post results.
Don't worry about him in the QT, you can stress him out like crazy and no ick or parasites will out. You can basically cycle the QT water with him.
LOL

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
I like that Idea...I actually really want a Green Moray. There is one for sale for $100 at a LFS I visit when I am out in Cali on business...
Don't Greens get monsterous though...Like Tessy size, 4 or 5 feet?

ccampbell57

Yeah i know. They get up to 9 feet. I would love to have one, but am not willing to have an animal that could litterally eat me.
I think that the green morays are the sweetest looking eels on the market. Better than the Dragons.

ccampbell57

BTW..."Bubbles" aka. Krusty (my daughter named the clown Bubbles after the white spots on his belly) arrived just before 3pm today. He is in the QT tank and finally calmed down.
He is eating like a little piggy. I have fed him brine shrimp and a mixture of flake food and he is devouring it.
I will get pics up tomorrow.

ccampbell57

Here is Bubbles aka. Krusty the Clown Trigger. He is the little guy of the new tank for sure, but should be ok in about a year or so...

kjr_trig

He looks awesome Campbell, really healthy looking!!!! I can tell he is not a baby, how big is he now?

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
He looks awesome Campbell, really healthy looking!!!! I can tell he is not a baby, how big is he now?
He is just under 4 inches. I was debating on the one his size or the one that was 5-6". I watched both of them swim in a video and the larger one just seemed more aggressive. So I went with the smaller one knowing that he will eventually get to be the aggressor.
He is fun...he was eating just minutes after being out of the bag. So far he has eaten flake food, pellets, silversides, and brine shrimp!
I am extatic!

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
He is just under 4 inches. I was debating on the one his size or the one that was 5-6". I watched both of them swim in a video and the larger one just seemed more aggressive. So I went with the smaller one knowing that he will eventually get to be the aggressor.
He is fun...he was eating just minutes after being out of the bag. So far he has eaten flake food, pellets, silversides, and brine shrimp!
I am extatic!

Would you mind PMing me where you ordered him from? It was online right?