L-Shaped aquarium ??

jstrong

hi, i am thinking about getting a new aquarium. i am looking for a corner tank. i dont know if i like the lshaped or the corner bowfront better. i am looking for one between 100-200 gallon. any pros or cons you could give me would be greatly appreciated. tia

F

fishhugger

IMO the bowfront would look nicer, but it would probally cost a lot more, I dont know many pros or cons about the 2 tans

J

jfdjason

I guess it's really comes down to......What space you have. Do you have an open corner where you could place a L shaped. I really think that would look awesome built into a corner wall.
Plus I really never liked bowfronts. The reason for this is I am a Big DIY'er and building a Bowfront stand and canopy to me would not be fun.
Just my thoughts. Good luck with whatever you choose

jstrong

thanks. yes i have a wall that i could build it into. i agree that a corner inwall would be awesome. thanks again

O

osufarker

I recently saw a bow front corner tank setup in saltwater at the LFS. Personally I don't like it. The bow is to great that it seriously distorts the view of the fish when they are in the middle to back of the tank.
Normal bowfronts are not too bad because the bow is not as extreme.

schwierp

osufarker,
what district do you teach for in ohio? just curious as I'm going to be looking for teaching jobs soon.