Lake county IL I need a babysitter...for a coral

jeffrey776

I have a beautiful coral that is being attacked and I need someone to adopt it until I can get rid of a very destructive Camelback shrimp.
Of course an honest experianced aquarist is prefered. I have no choice at this point. I not able to completely empty the tank to remove this pest and will not be able to for quite some time.
I feel terrible for this coral, I can't stand seeing it hurt.

Please PM me
Jeff

lion_crazz

I am pretty sure he means that he wants someone to hold it for him.
Nevertheless, beautiful coral you have there!

jeffrey776

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
Do you mean like giving it away or your just giving it to someone to hold for you?
Just temporary. I'm in the Family Entertainment business and this is my busy season, we have tons of birthday parties and events going on also a major convention to attend I.A.A.P.A. I'm afraid if I wait the four weeks I need it may be killed.

reefer545

Does you rshrimp come out at feeding time? IF so, like all mine do... feed the tank straight out of your hand close to his usual hang out. When the shrimp comes REAL close, let go of the food and grab an antennae QUICKLY, but not weakly, or he'll get out of your grasp. I have never had a problem getting hold of shrimp. At the same time, even my peppermints like to claw under my nails and cuticles. So....
Good luck

jeffrey776

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Does you rshrimp come out at feeding time? IF so, like all mine do... feed the tank straight out of your hand close to his usual hang out. When the shrimp comes REAL close, let go of the food and grab an antennae QUICKLY, but not weakly, or he'll get out of your grasp. I have never had a problem getting hold of shrimp. At the same time, even my peppermints like to claw under my nails and cuticles. So....
Good luck
This guy is smart. Everytime I approach he hides. Things are getting worse the white is the corals skeleton

reefer545

Really? He wont eat out your hand? Try a piece of unchopped krill or shrimp. something it will have to tug on to eat. Just dont let go. Sorry.

jeffrey776

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Really? He wont eat out your hand? Try a piece of unchopped krill or shrimp. something it will have to tug on to eat. Just dont let go. Sorry.
Will do. I'll try anything.

mojo46825

if you cant get him out i would be will to help ya out. And whenever you would want it back i just ship it back. I am in indiana so it wouldnt be to far to ship. Let me know not a big deal. email is jlwright75@yahoo.com

grabbitt

How about an acrylic hang-on container? You can just drill some holes in the side for flow and hang it off the side of the tank at the top of the water... I highly doubt the little pest will be able to get to it there. And if it tries, then he'll be an easy catch

grabbitt

Originally Posted by wanabebell
just get a mantis shrimp hed fix all of your problems...well at least all your inverts
Or a lion

npage

Google "CMAS", it the Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society.

Im sure you can find a willing foster parent there.

seanh287

get a pvc pipe and attach a stocking at the end....put shrimp of somekind of food in there. he should walk in and get caught in the stocking. i caught my sallylightfoot that way. good luck