Lansing Area Reefers Club!!!

rook

Mod's, I hope this post is ok, please change anything that is not, but please try to keep the message in tack if possible.
Hello,
To anyone in and around the Lansing, Michigan area interested in the possibility of starting or joining a reef enthusiasts club!
I know many of us have thrown this idea around and I would like to start the ball rolling a bit. I think this would be a good opportunity to meet others in the area with interest in the reef-keeping hobby, and to discuss ideas about the hobby.
If anyone is at all interested in this idea, please reply to this thread, and also send me either a “private message” or an e-mail message. Please include your email address in the “pm” or email you send me. This will allow all to participate even if you are apprehensive about sharing your email and personal information on the Internet.
My current plan is for me to group together everyone’s email addresses to create a mailing list, and then to email everyone this list so we can be in contact. After we have a list of emails, we can email each other a description of ourselves, our tanks, our experience level, and any potential ideas for the club. After this, we can hold a first meeting as a meet and great session at a local restaurant.
As it stands, there really are no shared thoughts or ideas about the purpose or scope of the possible club. I hope that after the first meeting we will all begin to get some ideas of what we would like this club to be; purely social, educational, part of a larger club, ect. It appears that there may even be potential interest from Preuss’s in being involved in this club, if it takes off. I have not substantiated this though.
So if anyone is interested please respond to this thread, and additionally, either send me a “pm” or email.
Lastly, if interested, read this article on starting a marine aquarium society.
Thank you
P.S. if anyone knows where to buy pickling lime in the area, please let me know.
http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog...er_031801.html

rook

Uh oH,
Creating waves already.
Great to hear from ya. Myself and another guy have gotten a few responses so far and we are going to wait a few days to see who all we can get.
I'll add you to the list.
Are you in Ann Arbor?

leigh

yeah, and i've got at least one bud here in a^2 who i'm sure could be convinced to partake...i gather he has a leather coral overpopulation problem--poor baby :)

jodilynn

I may be interested in joining. I am in Swartz Creek which is pretty close to Lansing and I am not a fan of the Wolverines nor the Spartans. I usually root for the Buckeyes but not so much into college sports now that I have 3 tiny tikes and my reef tank at home. My email is bjbundy@mybluelight.com. Thanks for starting the ball rolling.
Jodilynn