Large Angel in a 5 foot tank

azonic

Ok, first. My original plan was a 125RR tank for my upgrade....but my LFS is renovating the store and was getting rid of a 110 gallon that was built into his counter...he sold the tank to me for $100 canadian...that's like $65USA for the tank. It has a couple minor scratches but nothing noticable when full of water. I'm planning on getting it drilled if it's not tempered glass...if it is i'll be using an overflow to connect to my 40 gallon sump. ANYWAY, it cost me $600 less to get the 110 gallon so I did....here's my question.
I planned on putting a large angel in the 125. I was going to start it out as a juvenile between 3-4" long. I was leaning towards an emperor, blueface, majestic, or a goldflake. Which, if any would be the best candidate for a 5 foot tank?

azonic

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a lot of time to decide anyway, I don't pick up the tank for another two weeks, then it has to cycle, etc, etc...
The only other "large" fish in the tank are going to be 2 tangs...one will be a purple...the other a whitecheek. Other then those it will just be some clowns, and a couple small gobies or something...
Do you think the two tangs would be a good or a bad idea? The purple could be aggresive as he gets older...not sure about the whitecheek. opinions?
Of course, these will be added over a lengthy amount of time :)

kris

My vote is for only one of those tangs--if you chooses the purple (theyre awesome!) add him last because you're right about the aggression thing. Good deal on a tank!:D
Good Luck