Large Angelfish to Dwarf Angel(s) Swap???

subee950

I have a 6 banded Angle and it has been picking on my puffer and my trigger so I am thinking about trading him in on some dwarf angles does anyone here have more than one together? What ones? The other fish in the tank are a box face puffer, Niger trigger and a threadfin butterfly. Any and all help with this will be appreciated.

jbird0420

It really depends on the size tank. I have a 225g FOWLR with 4 angels. It seems to work as long as you have plenty of rock for them to hide. My Large Angel is a Koran, along with a Flame angel, Bi-color, and Coral Beauty Angel as my dwarfs. What size tank where you thinking about housing them in?

subee950

I have him in a 125 fowlr with 130lbs of LR he picks on my other fish I just want to get rid of him and get 2 or 3 dwarfs if i can do that. I have plenty of water My FOWLR is plumed in with my 125 reef and sump and fuge i have over 300g of water uv's and a great skimmer.

jbird0420

It can be a hit or miss. If you do it, add them at the same time, to avoid one establishing territory before the other.

jbird0420

The Flame, Bi-color and Coral Beauty are the only ones I have experienced. SWF.com has them at a fairly competitive price. Plus they seem to be very hardy as long as you provide them the right diet along with excellent water parameters.

redman1221

I like the lemonpeel angel, I have mine with a passer and a majestic angel and they get along just fine. Here is a picture of some of my fish, good luck.

prime311

I have a Coral Beauty and a Flame Angel in my 125g. Not only do they not fight, but they're all buddy buddy picking at rocks together sometimes. I introduced them at the same time.

jbird0420

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2720712
I have a Coral Beauty and a Flame Angel in my 125g. Not only do they not fight, but they're all buddy buddy picking at rocks together sometimes. I introduced them at the same time.
Yours too! Introducing them at the same time is key in keeping these types of fish together.

it's chuck

I am partial to bluefin pygmy, Eibli, Rusty, and Lemonpeel angels. Coralbeautys and Flame angels are nice but evrybody has them
I like to have some a little different you know