Large Angels

halide

I just purchased a 100gallon tank and plan to move the inhabitance of my fifty five over to it once cycled(niger trigger,achellies tang,moon wrasse all 8-9 inches)my Q is what is a good angel to start with I like the koran and regal angels would they mix with current inhabitants any help would be appreciated.

kris

I guess I'd try the Koran as he is a little more aggressive than the overly shy regal. Bear in mind both species (as with most full sized angels) require perfect water and can be difficult to feed.

reptilicus

Hi,
I had an emperor in my FO for about 4 years. I got him at about 4", and he was just at the end of his colour (color) conversion. He lived for about 4 years, then died while I was away
But he was never sick, ate anything and was not very aggressive to other tank mates, which included various wrasses, tangs and anemonefish. Emperors seem to be quite hardy, fairly easy to feed, and IMO are one of the most beautiful fish in the world.
Tom

the rock

the rock says...
yes, isn't that emperor an incredible looking fish, as for the angels you spoke of, if you are going to put them in your tank i would suggest doing it at the same time as you will have a much better chance of them getting along. they will thrive in the right system, they won't in the wrong one, vary their diet religiously

kris

Thanks, I read the exact opposite of the emporers--I had never gotten one because of that (and the price) Perhaps I will get one, Because your first hand experience is probably worth more than my books.