LARGE spider web..

saltymom

I ALMOST walked into this when I went out on the back porch tonight..its every bit of 7 foot tall by 10 foot across. The spider is not small..but Ive seen bigger. He is thick n brown.. :scared:

lovethesea

I don't think I would have survived if I walked into that thing.
:eek:
But all fear aside....isn't it amazing that something can make that?
Tizzo has a post that has a link to all kinds of spiders. Interesing, maybe you can find yours. Maybe wolf? yuck...

saltymom

I know....I saw that thread too!!
U know what else...that spider built that thing in very little time,too because we were out there..as soon as it started to get dark we came in..and this was about hour n a half later, I go out there and its all done..They are speedy about building webs.
It is YUCK...Notice the can of RAID on the OTHER SIDE Of the web???Im not goin over there and gettin it!!!!

jenn-e

:eek: cool web!!
I'd hate to walk into that thing, it would take forever to get it out of your hair.
Yuck!!

avbryce1

I had one of those on my porch . I hate spiders but I just couldent kill him he was there for about 4 months and one day ..gone
I'm pretty shure its a "common orb weaver"

angelcam

ITS NOT FUNNY TO WALK INTO A WEB LIKE THAT!! i DID IT ONCE, AND THERE WAS A HUGE WOLF SPIDER AT THE TOP, IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA, YOU PROBABLY HEARD THE SCREEM!!! LOL

matro

I'm pretty sure that wolf spiders are "chasers", not web builders. But I'm not really IN to spiders. Our house is in the woods though, and it's a constant turf war of mildly venemous insects.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by Angelcam
ITS NOT FUNNY TO WALK INTO A WEB LIKE THAT!! i DID IT ONCE, AND THERE WAS A HUGE WOLF SPIDER AT THE TOP, IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA, YOU PROBABLY HEARD THE SCREEM!!! LOL

Actually, I think I heard the scream down here!!

saltymom

Do not feel bad...I didnt even walk into the thing..It was one of those I ALMOST walked into the thing screams.....but still way loud enuff to scare the neighbors!
Sounded like I might have had my hand caught in the garbage disposal kinda screams?? thats what HE SAID.. anyway.

nemo lover

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would not even be able to sleep in your house until that spider was gone. Its big and scary. I found a little spider about 1/2 inch big in my room one time. I shut the door stuffed towels under the door, and would not go back in that room until I seen a spider dead or in a jar. What kind of spider is that ?Are they poisonous?

saltymom

I know I hated it, but.... guess what happen to it??? My Rottwieler killed it and ATE it..omg..it was NASTY. I dont know what kind it was..its nasty so glad its gone!! UGHHHHH :scared: :scared:

angelcam

I wonder if men are as afraid of spiders as women? I know at least one guy that is terrified of them. LOL
OH, by the way saltymom GOOD DOG!!!!

nemo lover

We would have a very big problem in our home if we both were afraid. I always send him into battle. We would spend alot of money on exterminators.lol