LASER LIGHTS????

mr.marine

ive seen the new laser and spot lights that came out about a year ago many time now and thought they were pretty cool. i dont know if its really safe though. laser under water and mini spots??? anyone have them any opinions. Interested in what terry has to say.terry do u think they are bad. i mean i cant see how they are good?

nosmada

i think you would drive your fish crazy and stress them out........and you know what happens after that :eek:
chris

blueberryboomer

Mr. Marine, We have them in our 200gal, along with a lazer lighthouse. They are made for the aquarium, they will not hurt your fish at all....I love to turn ours on in the evening when the tank lights are out for the night, everyonce in awhile you will see a red fish swim through. Very neat! Lisa

wally

I would worry about it hurting the eyes of my fish. Laser light can blind in an instant or cause damage. I would think if you run them at night the fishes eyes will be adjusted for darkness and then the lights could do real harm.

mr.marine

Lisa,
where do u put them in ur tank. ive seen the laser light house. they also have a laser treasure chest. do you put the spots in the sand or suction them to the sides facing down. i dont know bout the lasers but i think in the future (after christmas i gotta save money!) i will get 4 of them i think ill get 2 red and 2 blue. dont like the green ones. how many do u have in a 200? u must have like 15?????
Perry
Ps- hows fixit???hope he gets better real soon! give him my best wishes! :D :D

blueberryboomer

Perry, I only have 2 in the 200, the store I bought them for hasn't had any instock for quite some time, I bought them for our 72 gal and when we moved everyone to the 200 they got moved too, I have them stuck to the sides of the tank with the sucktion cups. The lighthouse sits on the bottom on the sand. It won't hurt your fishes eyes, we have had them running in our tank for the last 8-9 months and our fish are just fine. And I don't think they would make them and put right on the package that they are for aquarium use, salt and fresh if it would cause your fish to go blind....Lisa

Just wanted to say that there are different types and strengths of lasers. The ones you see at laser light shows are extremely intence almost as much as the ones used in laser surgery. In the same token there are different sources of electic current running through these lasers, battery, 110w, 220w, etc...
The ones you put into your tank are no more harmfull than staring into a flashlight lightbulb. Let me know how it turns out if/when you do this.
Dan