Latest video of my tank

honu808

My engineer constantly builds but i so enjoy watching him. Mine is about 4.5" now. I think they can get 10-12" or so if i remember correctly. I love mine. I had two in my 125 reef that never moved more than a golfball size amount of sand

ClaptonsGhost

My engineer constantly builds but i so enjoy watching him. Mine is about 4.5" now. I think they can get 10-12" or so if i remember correctly. I love mine. I had two in my 125 reef that never moved more than a golfball size amount of sand
Mine is 12" right now. That's the size he was when I got him 2 weeks ago.

pegasus

My two are about 9" each, and they move a LOT of sand. I have a 3" sandbed, and there is no longer any sand under the rocks. There are mountains of sand on the sides of the tank, and when I want to view a new range, all I have to do is smooth the humps out and push a little sand back under the rocks. The next day will be a whole new world...

ClaptonsGhost

The one thing it did that pissed me off is he buried one of my fuzzy mushroom colonies 3 times, It's looking pretty ragged right now.

pegasus

Yeah, I also have an "island" rock with blue xenia. I keep all my xenia isolated from the main rock structure, as it tends to be very invasive. Every couple of days I have to dig the rock out and shake the sand off the xenia. On a brighter note... the other day I caught my diamond goby picking up sand and filling in a hole between two rocks. Perhaps I should get a bunch of diamond gobies to counteract the engineer's destruction! One thing's for sure, I don't have to worry about my sand accumulating nasties....

ClaptonsGhost

Nooooo!!!! :eek:
My diamond Gobi made it worse by kicking up the dust in the substrate. Of course if most of your substrate is clean then go for it. My substrate is whiter than white. ;)