Lawnmower Blennie Pics

jamie289

He's so cool. My husband got 1 about 2 weeks ago for our 55 gallon reef and @ the LFS I didn't really like him, he looks like 4 different animals in 1. lol. It is now my 2nd favorite in our tank. I love watching him, there cool. Great choice.

marka1620

Originally Posted by Jamie289
He's so cool. My husband got 1 about 2 weeks ago for our 55 gallon reef and @ the LFS I didn't really like him, he looks like 4 different animals in 1. lol. It is now my 2nd favorite in our tank. I love watching him, there cool. Great choice.
Great fish..........."Flippy" has a great personality. Wish he would help with the Hair Algae problem I'm battling. When I fist got him.......he wouldnt eat and I tried everything. Then I tried some raw shrimp and he now has a taste for that and that only.

jamie289

you said you tried everything to feed. Ours ate good from day 2, he loves seaweed, did you try that, if so, does your tank have plenty of algae, if so, shouldn't starve, even with feeding the raw shrimp as "snack" only, every couple of days. Just a suggestion. Good Luck!!

marka1620

Originally Posted by Jamie289
you said you tried everything to feed. Ours ate good from day 2, he loves seaweed, did you try that, if so, does your tank have plenty of algae, if so, shouldn't starve, even with feeding the raw shrimp as "snack" only, every couple of days. Just a suggestion. Good Luck!!
I tried the tried seaweed among other things. I heard that Bleenies can be hit and miss at times when it comes to food. Plenty of algae in the tank now. I have cut way down on the shrimp that I feed him in hopes that he will turn his attention to the hair algae. He won't starve....that's for sure.