Lawnmower Blenny and Diamond Goby???

jschival1

I was curious as to keeping a LM blenny and a Diamond Goby in the same tank. My plans are for the DG to sift and maintain the sand and for the LM Blenny to maintain the hair algae. Does anyone know if these are both "jawfish"? I read on this website that I should "Keep only one per tank, and this fish should not be kept with other "Sleeper" gobies or Jawfish" when keeping a DG. I would really like the combination but I don't want the fish to be too stressed or have them die. If this won't work does anyone have any suggestions to accomplish my goal above. I would eventually like to introduce coral into my tank. By the way my tank is 30gal 65 watt dual compact florescent and a dual bio wheel hang on, two large powerheads and about 20lbs of lr. Thanks for your help and any ideas. :thinking:

lion_crazz

That should work fine. When I had my 75, I had both of those fish in the same tank and they never bothered each other. Just make sure the lid of the aquarium is well sealed for sure! Any holes in the top and your diamond goby will find them, trust me.

seannmelly

We have a diamond goby and a lawnmower blenny. the lmb perches and waits to chase the goby every so often. if i could catch the lmb i would get rid of him but im not tearing my tank apart to do so. the goby doesnt show signs of stress(he sifts good, eats frozen, no ich) has made burrows for himself throughout the tank, so when a dive bomb happens, he flees to the nearest hole and opens his mouth huge. I would say they would be fine if the goby was added first and blenny second. we happened to do the reverse w/o knowing the potential of the blenny being a B*&%$ and going after the goby. both do an awesome job.
melly