Lawnmower Blenny

executor

How well do lawnmower blennies clean algae off the rocks? Will they get along with a mandarin goby?

oscar

executor,
I put a lawnmower in my tank about a two months ago when my tank was covered in hair algea. Now, not a single strand of algea.
I was very impressed with his algea eating abilities.

sundog

I have a lawnmower blenny in my tank and he is now my favorite fish...my kids thinks he looks and acts like a little dog.
Not only does he clean the algae off the LR, he is a great LS cleaner too! He comes down off the LR and starts taking huge chomps off the algae on the sand and spits out the sand...looks just like a dog munching away in his food dish.
He is a very peaceful fish that I think would get along with anything you have in your tank.
[ April 17, 2001: Message edited by: Sundog ]

kdlbem

Ours eats seaweed selects, and sometimes he'll even eat formula one & two at feeding time. My girlfriend calls it a seamonster, but I think it's one of the coolest fish in there( lots of personality & very helpful cleaning the tank). HTH,
B

shel

I have a lawnmower Blemmy and a manderine goby and they could careless about each other. They don't even notice each other. Just make sure your tank is very established for the manderine. Well, anyways they say the manderine will not eat frozen,mine comes out at feeding and eats frozen brime shrimp. The lawnmower he is finally moving over to other side. He acted like he should not go their. He cruzez all over now. They have a great personalty.
Shel :p :p :p