Lawnmower Blenny

ucdpike2001

The dude from my LFS told me that a lawnmower Blenny will eat hair algea. Is this true or is he just shoot smoke up my ***. Has anyone had any experience with having one and would you recomend getting one?
Thanks

P

puffygrrl

Mine eats all the hair algae he can find. I have one in my 80-gallon reef and he keeps the rocks spic and span. If I lack at scraping the front, he'll leave little kiss marks all over the glass. I would definitly recommend one, they are cute little buggers with great personalities.

joemack

My Lawnmower Blennys eat algae all day long and I think the "Lawnmower" name comes from eating hair algae. They are fun to watch and if you get one you will be happy!

buzz

BUT! They will only eat it up to a certain length, and only certain kinds. If it is too long, they have no interest.

jumpfrog

That's my experience too. Mine will eat algea off the rocks and glass but hasn't done much with the longer stuff on the rocks.

buzz

I know that RyeBread did a FOTW on them not too long ago. I'll see if I can't find that and bump it. That may help.