Lawnmower eats fish food

kistler

I was feeding my fish and my Lawnmower was watching the fish eat and then he started to do the same and I was like monkey see monkey do... but I am wondering is he getting enough to eat?? There are a few small patches of green hair alga he has not eaten in the past few weeks so I know I have some alga for him

norcal

mine started to do the same thing for like a week. then a few days later i found him under the tank
so i dunno if he was going after some food and just got excited and jumped out or what happened. All i have to say is be careful, they are jumpers and i didnt know and now my blenny is gone cuz of my lack of knowledge. as for him eating enough, how does he look? if hes as fat as mine looked (before he decided life wasnt worth living)he should be fine.

kistler

yeah i have a cover on the tank... and he is fater than when i got him 6 months ago, he had alot of work that he got cleaned up in 3 weeks :)

_nix_

For a long time my LMB would just eat algae and algae pellets.
Then, he just started chowing on shrimp, flake, really anything else I put in the tank for food. He now pretty much ignores algae, just goes for the meat.
I turned a herbivore into a carnivore. I am such a bad person....

angelsrock

Originally Posted by _nIx_
I turned a herbivore into a carnivore. I am such a bad person....

haha, don't feel too bad, lmb's are known for eating the food you feed the rest of your fish. i think it's a learned behavior from the rest of the fish.

ssweet1

my lawnmower blenny is like my dog he eats everything!! I would bet he is one of the fattest I have ever seen. Carrie