lawnmower or bicolor

fishkid2

Don't know what to get. I like the bicolor blenny for the color and then I like the lawnmower blenny for how funny it looks.
What would you rather have? Why?
Help me choose

wangotango

All blennies have great personality.
IMO if you're going for functionality go with the Lawnmower, it's a very good algae-eating fish.
If you want more color, go with the bicolor.
-Justin

eaglephot

DON'T get an algae blenny. It will rip the fins on all your fish. Mine died and it was the best day of my life.

wangotango

Originally Posted by fishyCPA
http:///forum/post/2514656
Aren't the bi-colors just as good at algae eating, or am I mistaken?
I've had both, and IME the lawn-mower did a better job. The bicolor just kinda perched around. Don't get me wrong it did pick at the rock, but not nearly as much as the LM.
-Justin

A

alexa11

his name is Wally and he does pick at the rock some, but i've got snails etc. for that. He has great personality and everyone who looks at him thinks he is unusual and eel like. Good luck with your choice!

fishkid2

I think I'm getting the bicolor blenny not the lawnmower. Even heard the lawnmower was harder to keep because once the algae is gone in the tank I would have to feed it seaweed too.
Thanks for the info

matt b

I have had my bicolored for about 3 months. hes so cute. really shy but very cute. he did not eat anything but algae for the 1st week or so