Lawnmower

fishy7

I have a bunch of green hair in my tank. Do you think it's safe to add 2 in there and let them work on cleaning it up?

johnzo

They might be ok... i have 2 in a 95 ..but you need to find the reason for the hair algae in the first place. How does the water test? How long are the lights on and what kind of lights are they? is the tank in direct sunlight? are you using ro/di water? how long has the tank been setup?
Once you find the issue that would correct it from coming back

fishy7

The tank is a 215. Is this big enough for just let the one take care of it?
Ok the cause.
Water tests perfect all the time, but I do need to test phosphates.
Tank has been up and running for 4 months.
Natural sunlight was getting in for 1/2 hour in the AM which I was not aware of. The problem is corrected but still feel like there is something else.
I assume my phosphates are high, so I am running "Algone" to help bring it down.
I do 50 gal water changes by-weekly with SW I buy from my LFS.
I need to test my RO water to see where it stands. I get this from a machine in front of a health food store. (Glacier Water is the name)
I am running 3 150 MH for 8 hours a day. 4 96 PC for 10. This is probably causing an issue as well.
I am hoping to get a better handle on this issue....
It's a slow road.

Any new thoughts?

wax32

MY LFS put two tiny (2 inch) tail spot blennies (similar in actions to LMB) in a 200+ gallon tank. They managed to find each other and tear into one another.

lion_crazz

I agree with Wax. I would not risk putting 2 in there. One should be fine. Turbo snails do a heck of a job with hair algae as well.