Leaking Tank, Need quick ideas!!

thegrog

OK, just found that my sump is leaking!!! And to think I was blaming the dog for the puddle on the floor!!
It is a glass 40-gal tank that I have set up as my sump/fuge. Draining it is not an option at this point.
It is leaking from a small spot on the seam where the front panel joins with a side one. Pinhole sized leak.
Any way to seal it without draining tank and resealing it with silicone (24-hour cure time is the killing factor)????
Some sort of epoxy?
Silicone the outside?
We are moving in 3 months so the tank will be broken down durring the move (Illinois to Orlando) so I can properly seal the seam then. I am looking for something to hold for a few months (perminant would be good as well)
Please help!!
Thanks ahead of time!

ifirefight

I know they make a 2 part epoxy you knead together with your fingers,it works underwater so it will work when wet. They sell it a home depot. Not sure if it would be safe for the fish. If you can use it on the outside shoud be ok.

thegrog

Originally Posted by ifirefight
I know they make a 2 part epoxy you knead together with your fingers,it works underwater so it will work when wet. They sell it a home depot. Not sure if it would be safe for the fish. If you can use it on the outside shoud be ok.
I have some of that but it does not say that it binds to glass. Any idea what brand does??

pandafish

Originally Posted by TheGrog
I have some of that but it does not say that it binds to glass. Any idea what brand does??

H D has it, it's called Aquamend (underwater repair Epoxy Putty) from Polymetric Systems. It's two part green and white. It bonds to Glass, fiberglas, wood, plastic metal ect.
I have used it and it is Aquaium safe.

thegrog

Originally Posted by Pandafish
H D has it, it's called Aquamend (underwater repair Epoxy Putty) from Polymetric Systems. It's two part green and white. It bonds to Glass, fiberglas, wood, plastic metal ect.
I have used it and it is Aquaium safe.
HOLY C#$P!!! I have a tube of that laying around from some project long ago and never used it!!!!
:cheer:
I'll give it a try! Wish me luck!