Leaped B4 i looked

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by seasalt101
what i would do then is pull the cc out and just go bare bottom with the eggcrate the cc traps nitrates...tobin
ERRRRR???
eggcrate??

seasalt101

eggcrate is the plastic light grids you see in office buildings etc. you can get this at home depot/lowes its cheap and good to have around you put it on the bottom of your tank place the lr on top of it and when you add the sand you just bury it it helps in preventing avalanches so you don't squish no fish it is also useful in making a ventilated top which is so much better than glass tops in you need a gas exchange not a gas trap and if you have fish that jump they don't leave the tank...tobin

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
i was afraid someone was going to say that....well it shouldnt be to bad its 2 piece so that will help. BTW thanx for the help so far
Please....no one ever quote me on above statement. What a pain that was.but i think it was worth it.i needed to remove hood to install lunar lights anyway
Ok here is my next question,im sure its been asked before but i cant find answer on MB so here it is.I ended up putting 90# of ls and aragonite sand in and i only have about a 2"bed.i am going to add 2" more aragonite.however i am going to do alittle bit over a extended period.my question is how much and how often?

seasalt101

you want to get to 4 in. that will be good too much becomes a trap so you should add it all soon any fish in there yet? if so do it all at one time if not within a few days of each other...tobin

veni vidi vici

you want to get to 4 in. that will be good too much becomes a trap so you should add it all soon any fish in there yet? if so do it all at one time if not within a few days of each other...tobin
just 5 damsels and a couple hitchers that came with lr.i was thinking 1/4" incriments over a couple of months...... my wife is half sicilian and half american indian(she dosent care about aquariums and has a bad temper to put it mildly)

seasalt101

that will work sicillian huh and mad a lot too any chance that she might throw something through this tank? if so get cheap fish...tobin

veni vidi vici

that will work sicillian huh and mad a lot too any chance that she might throw something through this tank? if so get cheap fish...tobin
he heh nahh she wont throw anything through tank.it would make to much of a mess.throw something through me...... now thats another question .BTW Sea thanx for all your help.

reefer545

Put it all in a t once. Wait on buying more fish. If you go FOWLR you can always add corals adn such if you buy fish that are reef safeand compatible. LS is the way to go. IMO.As far as the beligerent wife, let her pick a few things and she might just get really into it. BUT BE SURE THE PICKED ITEMS ARE COMPATIBLE. Give her options and she will love it, that is what compromise is all about. My fiance is also a grumbler when it comes to the tank. UNLESS I let her make a few decisions.
GoodLuck

seasalt101

no problem you should post pics as you go you can get a lot of feedback from the more expierienced pro reef guys here then but you will here this from him and that from her get a good book and do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions everyone here will get you through whatever crisis comes up and they will you will have an algae bloom you might have an ich outbreak and definately start a quarantine tank as soon as possible that is so important good luck to you...tobin

veni vidi vici

i will take some pic as soon as the sand storm settles down.it looks kinda freaky in there now with the lunars on .kinda like looking though a frosted window at a x-mas tree

veni vidi vici

are your pumps on or off?...tobin
only canister is running (magnum 350)im gonna clean it first thing in morning