leather fragging?

hambone

Need some input from experienced fraggers. I have a devils hand leather that got big, about 7-8 inches across. Last night I fragged three "fingers" from it. It is a sickly bluish gray today and hasn't opened at all. Is this normal? I know its "injured", and I'm assuming it may take a few days to recover. Am I right? The color is less gray than last night, but far from normal. The frags all look great today. Thanks for help.

mr_x

lol. yep. they will be fine. just hack them off with some scissors and glue them to something else.

t316

Totally normal

I would suggest, that if at all possible, take the leather out of the tank before cutting it. Leathers have a tendancy to release a nasty brown fluid all over the tank when the knife starts. I don't think it's lethal, but sure dirties up your tank. I usually put them in a bowl of tank water to do any cutting, then let them bleed out, dump the water, and put the coral and frags back in the tank.

hambone

Thanks to both of you. "Mother" is looking better, and all "babies" are well. I took it out to cut, so I guess I did OK. Thanks again.

hambone

Thanks to both of you. "Mother" is looking better, and all "babies" are well. I took it out to cut, so I guess I did OK. Thanks again.

t316

Are you Moorisville up near the mountains, or Moorisville near the Triangle? I always get those two confused.

t316

Originally Posted by hambone
http:///forum/post/2728383
Its Mooresville about 30 miles above Charlotte. Home of NASCAR. Between Charlotte and Statesville.
Sorry, I had the spelling wrong. That's the other Mooresville I was talking about. You are in the same area as Spiderwoman....