Leather mushroom coral

pstanley

I have a mushroom coral that was fine the first week (opened every morning). I tried feeding it liquid feed (which I am not sure if you need to do with leather corals or not???). It closed immediately but reopened later that day. The following day it did not open back up and has been closed since (about 4 days). The surface of the coral appears extremely shiny. Any ideas?

yammer

The exact same thing is happening to me. I have 2 mushrooms, one has been in the tank for 2 weeks, the other for just one. Its the newer one that has been closed for about 2 1/2 days - closed right after I fed it some phytoplankton. I fed them both and the 'older' one has been opening ok so I'm hoping the other is just getting used to the tank and is going through its normal shedding process. I'll let you know.

m1rodrig

I have started dosing phytoplex from kent I use a syringe and mix the phytoplex with tank water since it is concentrated I don't know if this makes a difference or not,or if dilluting it helps,maybe it is to concentrated to add by itself.I'm not sure about this.I am seeking help on this also.