LED help and lighting insight

so, i have a 215 reef tank with diy mh and t5 lighting, around 1000watts (a bit more actually) however it is one hard core eyesore and i am looking at getting a full led lighting set up like the ai sol or maxspect mazarra, or maybe ecotech radion? any one know how much led power i need? i want to get enough light to grow even the most light hungry corals. dimensions are 96" long 24" wide and around 24" tall or taller, maybe closer to 29"
so heres my ideas:
ati 8x80 t5 fixture with two led panels/pendents
full led system
or get a similar mh/t5 combo?
this is mostly me not wanting to spend too much, on a budget here, hence only having a few critters for the last 4 months... that poor damsel is just lost. :)

reefr

the idea you had would work. LEDs are the future. I am upgrading to 2 radion gen2's for christmas!

Any idea on full led systems that won't break the bank? DIY or made in china etc? Hoping not to spend 1300 bucks on t5 an pendents when for a bit more I could get an led system. I was also looking at some made in china 50 watt led floodlights with the 20000k color temp, maybe a few of those? Any kne used something like that?
Also before I forget reefer- congrats! I am jealous cant convince the wife to let me spend a few hundred bucks I don't have. Lol

Look at this on eBay:
Aquarium Reef LED Flood Light Combo kit 12000K/Actinic Blue 75-140 Gal. 48"
http://bit.ly/12fAh70

Thanks REEFR I was looking at those and just wish I had the bank account for them. Lol maybe I should wait a bit and build me a new canopy for the led/hybrid system on the near future.

D

davepalmetto

Hi everyone iam new at this an I have a 125gal. An I built a canopy top 6 ft. Long an puting led rope light in the top in a coil I have 5 16ftLong hook together an 1. 12ftblue and 2dimmer Less them 100.00 don't know how to put pic