led light bar for 30 inch tank

nick burger

which is the best to get without spending a ton of money i bought a led bar about 6 months ago and its already starting to act buggy,i have also never been able to get a timer to work on it which time do u guys also prefer.

deejeff0442

I have a current USA. I don't like it too much white .. can't get the blue right. Control is terrible. I have 2 other leds on the tank I just bought the current for the center above the glass center support .
It was cheap 18 inch think it was 120 or 140? It does light the center where the other 2 had a shade spot. I wouldn't use it for a main light system

one-fish

Waiting for it to be delivered didn't get the Pro but got the Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light. Reviews were good. Want to remove the canopy and suspend from the ceiling..

JH919

Waiting for it to be delivered didn't get the Pro but got the Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light. Reviews were good. Want to remove the canopy and suspend from the ceiling..
Some reviews on the Orbit Marine say it's not so good for SPS & LPS. What's your thoughts? I'm looking towards that model for a possible upgrade.

one-fish

Yes the pro is the way to go if you are headed towards corals me I just want fish and inverts. I currently have a DIY light bar and this light will be a big improvement. Just started back into this hobby 4 months ago still learning and upgrading

florida joe

How much ($$$) for that bad boy? It sure looks pretty
it lists for around $500. I actually got it at cost from a LFS that deals strictly with saltwater and is a member of my club so I would suggest you shop around for a better price then list.
one-fish IMO just use the brackets they supply and place it on your tank rather then going through the trouble of hanging it form the ceiling

one-fish

I saw the bracket just wasn't sure how it worked if it was adjustable or not. Should be here soon...Thx

JH919

Just pulled the trigger on the Orbit PRO 48"-60" ($330 new on eBay). Can't wait to get it.

Last edited: