LED light question

debbie

I currently am running a coralife 9" 18 watt power compact fixture on my 3 gal pico tank.
I am wanting to upgrade my lighting for the soft corals I keep.
I have been looking at several options and what other reefers recommend to me here in Canada.
Here are some of options to order from Canada and I would greatly appreciate anyone whom is good with LED lights to help me out.
Stunner Strips, Royal Blue and 12000K White 2 of these for my tank (there are other colors of these lights too)
Panorama Pro LED Module 12000k White and Royal Blue 1 of these
Ecopico Fixture 12000k white and 453nm actinic blue. This fixture has room for 3 strips each strip has 3 lights 2 white 1 blue times that by 3 strips 9 watts of light total.
I have also read that LED lighting is an "add on" and should not be used as a sole light source. However on my little pico tank could it be a sole light source?
I have no complaints about the PC I am currently using and want to find something with less heat of course, less changing bulbs but still puts out the same light source as a PC would or T5 would.
All info and help greatly appreciated.

rickross23

I would say panorama and LEDs can be either a sole light sorce or add on depending on the quality of the fixture.

debbie

Ya Debbie is back, that did not last long hey? Just about 2 years and then in Dec I just had to get into the pico thing again. So here I am after I sold my 5 gal and all the contents to a friend but hey its all good and I still had stuff for my 3 gal anyways.
Now I just need to do something different about the lights. I am trying to understand the LED's and how their wattages etc compare with the PC's and T5's but so far I am not getting to far with that part of the education.
I am so sorry but I don't recognize rickross23 did you go by a different user name before?
Maybe this is what old age does to you, one forgets....

If you don't mind looking at the type of panormas I am talking about that would be great. I know I cannot post their site here so where would you like me to send you the web site?
Cheers
Debbie

rickross23

I joined SWF in January. I saw in your community profile, your thread gettin out of the hobby. I would love to help with the panorama. PM me the site and I will check it out.