LED Lighting Question

cedarreef

Hey guys, so I currently have 2, 150w metal halides running over my 46g mixed reef right now. After reading up on the new LED systems, I'm thinking about making the switch. Do you guys think that the AquaticLife 36" 54w LED fixture will be better for my tank than the halides. I wouldn't want to get something that would provide a less effective or attractive spectrum than 2, 150w 20,000k Radium metal halides.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarReef http:///t/395800/led-lighting-question#post_3524718
Hey guys, so I currently have 2, 150w metal halides running over my 46g mixed reef right now. After reading up on the new LED systems, I'm thinking about making the switch. Do you guys think that the AquaticLife 36" 54w LED fixture will be better for my tank than the halides. I wouldn't want to get something that would provide a less effective or attractive spectrum than 2, 150w 20,000k Radium metal halides.
It looks like its a 1 watt fixture. Those are not going to be close to any MH fixture. Look into the LED's that use 3 watt diodes (AI, Ecotech, Mitra's {higher end}, or Reefbreeder {lower end}).