led lights

jay0705

Ok folks I'am looking for 72" leds. What should I be looking for in them? What is this dimmable?

jay0705

Ugh lol honestly idk. I like the idea of reef, but if I go that way it will be easy stuff. I tried a couple of frags last month and no go. My urchin did some damage, but I moved them and still didn't make it. Yet my nems are going good. Soo I would say prob higher end fowlr leds that are reef capable for softies

lmforbis

I'd look at the BRS web page they have a lot of good ones. I use kessils the 160s will grow softies zoas and LPS no problem but probably not for your nem. Radions will work with nems maybe kessil 360s or maxspec razor. I'm sure there are others those are ones I have actually seen on successful tanks.

lmforbis

You could get by with 2-3. I have 2 of the 160s over my 6' tank and the light is amazing. I Don't notice any dark areas. I haven't decided if I will get 2 more. I'm going to get 1 360s for my 40b. I'm going to set that tank up with anemones and SPS maybe some LPS. I also have their controller so I can do a dawn to dusk program. I liked the fact that I could buy the min number and add on as I could afford it. Originally I was going to use both the Kessils and my Chinese boxes but the light from the Kessils was much nicer so I took off the other lights.

jay0705

You could get by with 2-3. I have 2 of the 160s over my 6' tank and the light is amazing. I Don't notice any dark areas. I haven't decided if I will get 2 more. I'm going to get 1 360s for my 40b. I'm going to set that tank up with anemones and SPS maybe some LPS. I also have their controller so I can do a dawn to dusk program. I liked the fact that I could buy the min number and add on as I could afford it. Originally I was going to use both the Kessils and my Chinese boxes but the light from the Kessils was much nicer so I took off the other lights.
Do u use the blue and white light?