LED/moon lights???

monkdaily

its darn near impossible inless u buy a hood with lunar lights already installed. or u get that strip of accent leds in that plastic tube that u can but at the store if u know wut iam talkin bout

bessycerka

Yes, that LED unit for $25 is cool, but what this guy MONK did is really great, and the step by step, walk us through it, was fantastic. I really appreciate that kind of " I'll do this myself " ingenuity, we need more of that in the world today. Now, if I could just get him to do a back to back dual 40 gallon breeder tank frag tank system with filtration, and do the photos and instructions like he did for the LED project, I'd be all set.............

wattsupdoc

Heres mine. I got all these things from wally world. The Leds are from the automotive section, 12 volt. One of these are located on each end of the 65.(3 foot long tank).The power supply is a variable voltage transformer, found in electronics. The Plugs are automotive power outlet splitter. Then their on a timeclock. Fully automatic. I dont know what it actually cost, but it wasnt too much. The LEDS are, as you can see, adjustable.

bessycerka

howz about a full tank shot with those LED's on so we can see the ******** lighting in action? That also looks like a cool project/idea.

monkdaily

i also thought about the LED from the automotive section and i have a small AC/DC converter but this was just less wires to plug in and it is all inclosed inside the light hood it is very practical and the best way to go about it IMO. it just takes a lil time and enginuityt its just like buying any kind of lighting hood with lunar lights for 1/4 of the price.

monkdaily

"Thought it would be useful to all of you that are trying to do it the right way. Good luck!!!"
how did i do it the wrong way?? i did it for about the same price and and its in a stock lighting hood. no extra equipment

monkdaily

thanks i appreciate that!! it started as a cool lil DIY project for me but i figured if ppl were trying to do the same and save a lil money then this would be helpful.