LED's

pogi pants

I seen a website that showed these round LED lights with sticky backs that screw into the canopy. They've got like 6 diff colors. does anyone use these or does anyone know if they're worth getting? They're only like 10 bucks each. I don't have corals I have a fish only. Here's the website
http://spectrumled.com/fixtures.htm

X

xoxox

LEDs are good for moonlights. I think there are LED main aquarium lights but they are a very new product and unknown for keeping corals...

hurt

That is exact site I ordered my moonlights from. If you click on "LED Bike, Go Ped, Motorcycle, ATV, Boat and RV Light Fixtures" then go down to the "#Triple LED Dome & Utility Lights". I bought two of the blue leds(460nm) for my 55g. All you have to do is buy an AC/DC converter from WalMart for $7. Total cost of my moonlights~$17. They look great and it was a very simple DIY.

cubsfan

Originally Posted by Hurt
That is exact site I ordered my moonlights from. If you click on "LED Bike, Go Ped, Motorcycle, ATV, Boat and RV Light Fixtures" then go down to the "#Triple LED Dome & Utility Lights". I bought two of the blue leds(460nm) for my 55g. All you have to do is buy and AC/DC converter from WalMart for $7. Total cost of my moonlights~$17. They look great and it was a very simple DIY.
thanks, I just went there and bought 3 for my 90. Been looking for a cheap way to get moonlights

scsinet

They'd work for daytime lights if you had enough of them and had the right color temperature... for FO it doesn't matter so much as long as the wavelength doesn't breed algae.
The catch is the "enough of them" part. You'd need a LOT of them for it to be practical, which would make the cost impractical.