Lemonpeel Angel

geoffer

How mature should your tank be before adding a lemonpeel? My tank is 5 weeks. All water parameters are fine. Its a 30 gallon with 44 lbs of LR. I have two percula clowns, a peppermint shrimp, 1 queen conch, 5 hermit crabs, and about 10 snails.

mattk

It's too soon. I know how hard it is too resist buying a new fish but really none of Centropyge angels should be added to a new tank. These fish graze on all the things that take don;t really get established for months to >1yr. I know from experience.
Your pushing your bioload already in a 30 with only 44 lbs of LR. I would use the money you would spend on the fish and buy more LR.
good luck
matt

G

gdavies

Originally Posted by Mattk
It's too soon. I know how hard it is too resist buying a new fish but really none of Centropyge angels should be added to a new tank. These fish graze on all the things that take don;t really get established for months to >1yr. I know from experience.
Your pushing your bioload already in a 30 with only 44 lbs of LR. I would use the money you would spend on the fish and buy more LR.
good luck
matt
From expirence as well I totally agree with Matt, good luck though

roushracer

I'm doing it, although most will advise not to.
I have a 29g with 2 angels, and about a dozen fish total. I just make sure to add seaweed sheets for the angels and others to peck at throughout the day along with a varied diet of ocean nutrition products and mysis.

ukcats

Originally Posted by RoushRacer
I'm doing it, although most will advise not to.
I have a 29g with 2 angels, and about a dozen fish total. I just make sure to add seaweed sheets for the angels and others to peck at throughout the day along with a varied diet of ocean nutrition products and mysis.
HUH??? :scared: :scared: :scared:
I have a 125 and I don't have a dozen fish..nor will I! I would like to see a picture!!! How is your water? :notsure:

J

jesses89

RoushRacer,
what kind are the two angels? and do they fight? i want to add 2 angels to my 55 gallon tank.
im looking to put 6 fish in it not 12 though.
how long did you wait til you put the angels in?
ty

roushracer

My angels never fight! I had the coral beauty for about 8 months the added the lemonpeel which was larger. Been a while now and no aggresion whatsoever.
My water is perfect, I check it twice a week and I've never had a problem with anything.
I also have 30 hermits, 30 snails, 3 emeralds, 4 pep shrimp, 3 feather dusters and many soft and lps corals.
Here's some pics:

roushracer

Oh, I also have a 10 gal fuge with 10 lbs of live rock and lots of chaeto, and I run a canister filter with chemi-pure and black diamond.
I think that both contribute to the overall health of my tank.
I have never lost a fish or invert yet in this tank.

J

jesses89

What kind of lighting do you have?
and wow.. i better choose 2 different angels then the ones you have...
the fish i have now.. you have..
yellowtail blue damsel
yellow tang
six line wrasse

roushracer

130w of PC now, but I just ordered HO T5's (4x 39w). I think I may use both the T5's and PC's together on there if it'll fit. So I'll be at about 290w, so 10w per gallon...
Ha, as for the fish good choice! I chose them because of color, personality and the fact that they are usually non-aggresive towards others.

J

jesses89

are those button polyps? and is that an anemone?
i have 55 watts
you think i could keep some of that stuff?

roushracer

Originally Posted by Jesses89
are those button polyps? and is that an anemone?
i have 55 watts
you think i could keep some of that stuff?
No anemones, not enough light but I do have lots of zoos, button polyps, xenia, kenya tree, frogspawn, 3 types of mushrooms, green star polyps and some others.

J

jesses89

i have a yellow tang in my 55 gallon... and hes everywhere.. and doing great.
he swims towards one of my powerheads alot. Its actually funny though because he does it several times, almost like if he was exercising or something. Power swimming or something

tylerman

Oh I just posted I would get a 72 gallon instead of a 55 but I guess if it will be fine in a 55 Ill just get a 55

J

jesses89

hey now... id still go for the 72...
remember....... the bigger the better

crox

Originally Posted by Catawaba
IMO you should resist adding an angel until your tank is at least a year old.

I put my Lemonpeel after 2 1/2 months in my 65 and a year later he's still fine.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by Geoffer
How mature should your tank be before adding a lemonpeel? My tank is 5 weeks. All water parameters are fine. Its a 30 gallon with 44 lbs of LR. I have two percula clowns, a peppermint shrimp, 1 queen conch, 5 hermit crabs, and about 10 snails.
is the tank 5 weeks after the cycle or including the cycle? if you wait a couple of months your chances of success will skyrocket, but it isn't impossible to keep one now.