lemonpeel dying...?

vejomatic

cut to the chase...

lemonpeel angel was found lying on his side in the back of tank. I freaked out. Jumped in the tank (not literaly) and scooped him up and brought him to the front of the glass so i could examine him without taking him out of the tank.
He is responding to my pokes at him and he IS breathing although I dont know how well. I cupped him in my hand and moved him through the tank to get some water flowing through his gills and he seemed to respond to that somewhat and all he is doing is just lying on the sand!

What do I do?
I have a QT tank but no meds or anything like that.
HELP PLEASE! :help:

vejomatic

ahhh man...what am i supposed to do? ive never had a fish die before. You think hes in pain?
I dont know what to do. I tested everything I can test for and aside from my nitrates being around 10 i cant see whats wrong.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Move him to the QT wo removing him from water. He can die in peace. What else do you have in your tank? Was there aggression?

vejomatic

Hi Beth,
20G long tank. Lotsa rockwork. Sm scooter blenny was in the tank when the lemonpeel came in 2 weeks ago.
One thing...I added a little yellow watchman goby to the tank about 4-5 days ago. The lemonpeel kinda took to the offense a little bit but the ywg had plenty places to hide/burrow. Did this freak him out? They are the same color and I hope I didnt do a major booboo with it. I asked a friend about the pair and he said "like colors" and I said, crap...that's right.
So if it wasnt the goby/blenny to freak him out or add stress I dont think my maintenance regiment or chemistry had much t do with it.
Bummed in Ohio,

~mc