Leona Helmsley's Will

happyvac

In case you haven't heard already, Leona Helmsley, the "Queen of Mean", has bequeathed $12 million in her will to her dog, Trouble, and completely left out two of her grandchildren, citing a feud.
I can understand leaving a few thousand dollars to cover veterinary bills and miscellaneous expenses, but $12 million? Seems to me like she still wanted to show off just how much she had

sepulatian

Those grand kids must be quite mad. They must have done something VERY wrong! The dog drinks his evian from a crystal bowl, I found it quite ammusing. I don't think she did it to show off, but more for spite toward those grand kids.

digitydash

The grand kids must been brats.I think it funny.The dog is rolling,I wonder who taking care of the funds.I bet some of that is getting misplaced.

petjunkie

I thought this was so funny when I read it, really shows who ranked with her doesn't it? I bet those two grandkids are really regretting whatever they did. It is her money and she wasn't the nicest lady around, I didn't expect she would give it to something useful.

ruaround

two other grandchildren got 10 million i believe with a catch... they each have to visit her mosuleum once a year or their inheritance is revoked... i would visit on december 31st and jan 1st then not go back for almost 2 years...
2007 - 12-31
2008 - 01-01
2009 - 12-31
2010 - 01-01

lovethesea

the catch was that they had to go to their fathers grave. The 2 grand kids she cut out were not in contact with her. The reason was when Leonas only son died Leona sued the widow to have her and the kids evicted from their/her home. The legal battle was huge. Leona stopped paying taxes on the property etc and the widow and kids lost the home. That was the story at the time of her death.
MAJOR control freak and very unhappy even up to the day she died. I think in the end she reaped what she sewed

The complete twist just came out Friday.......Trouble the dog CANNOT be buried with her per New York state law. (You don't think the lawyer knew that upon creation of the will/trust?)
She also left a ton of $$$ so that her crypt can be steam cleaned once a year........I guess for eternity

sepulatian

Originally Posted by lovethesea
the catch was that they had to go to their fathers grave. The 2 grand kids she cut out were not in contact with her. The reason was when Leonas only son died Leona sued the widow to have her and the kids evicted from their/her home. The legal battle was huge. Leona stopped paying taxes on the property etc and the widow and kids lost the home. That was the story at the time of her death.
MAJOR control freak and very unhappy even up to the day she died. I think in the end she reaped what she sewed

The complete twist just came out Friday.......Trouble the dog CANNOT be buried with her per New York state law. (You don't think the lawyer knew that upon creation of the will/trust?)
She also left a ton of $$$ so that her crypt can be steam cleaned once a year........I guess for eternity

I never followed her life, nor her death but this is quite amusing now. The radio station that I listen too has a funny talk show in the morning. They were talking about this a few days ago. They were saying that if they were her grand kids they would be over every day saying, " Do you need your car washed grandma? I would love to iron your clothes grandma. Can I massage your feet grandma? Want me to fluff your pillow? Walk your dog? Wax your mustache? It was so funny!!!!

lovethesea

sepulatian? Wax your mustache? It was so funny!!!! [img said:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] I only heard all this last week after her will was read. I was around though when she made the "only little people pay taxes" remark.

You should hear some of stories of her past employees have told. She was a piece of work.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by lovethesea
I only heard all this last week after her will was read. I was around though when she made the "only little people pay taxes" remark.

You should hear some of stories of her past employees have told. She was a piece of work.

Wow, I probably don't want to know any more

maxalmon

She never recovered from the "little people pay taxes", she did some prison time for tax evasion.
Also read that her nickname of "Queen of Mean" bothered her till her death and that she was ranked as the most hated woman in New York, even though she gave millions and millions to various charities... Sounded like she tried to do nice things but public perception kept her down...

happyvac

She could have thrown millions at whatever charity she wanted, when it came down to it she had a very unlikeable personality (at least in public).

maxalmon

Originally Posted by ruaround
if i were taking care of her dog it would need a 1000 gal tank and a ferrari...
don't you mean a Furr-ari

lil' tanker

LOL
NEWS UPDATE: Leona Helmsey's dog dies days after inheriting $12 million dollars. The dogs will gives the money not to his grandpups but the flea that has been attached to his butt for 5 years.