Lesnar vs Carwin

speg

I've liked Bonnar ever since TUF 1 and he was my pick to win.. I still think he won the first Griffin v Bonnar fight...but oh well.
He was caught with steroids in his system and the fact is that most of these guys use steroids.

aw2x3

I think Lesnar is a no talent dbag. He's big, has the wrestling skill but that's it.
He's gotten a little better, through training but all he does is lay on top of people, throw a few punches and just lays around till he wears the other guy out.
It's about time they stacked him against someone his own size. Couture held his own, against Lesnar, longer than anyone and IMHO almost won that fight.
I hope Carwin wears his ass out. It was Lesnar, afterall, who postponed this fight for almost a year. His excuse...he had the flu.

speg

He has a ton of talent. Being a pro wrestler means he has some major athletic talent. We all know it's fake, but the physical beating and the cardio needed to be a wrestler is something that has obviously translated well into MMA for Lesnar.
If he has no talent then the people he laid waste to should be hotdog venders.
He lost to Mir after Mir was almost dead, but Mir won that fight and deserves the credit...although Lesnar got the rematch and left no doubt that he can hurt people (Mir's face almost fell off his skull...)
He hit Herring so hard that he did a super back roll across the octagon for one of the coolest highlights of any fight.
He stopped Randy Couture which we've seen isn't an easy task.
He has a physical size advantage that is something that can't be learned and a brutal rage and huge desire to win.
It's really unfortunate that he doesn't get any respect as a fighter and is why he is so hostile. Oh well....we'll see how Saturday goes. Should be a good fight regardless of the winner....I predict that it doesn't go 5 rounds ;)

ironeagle2006

Actually AW Brock has Diverticulitis that was Severe. To the point he has a couple Holes in his large Intestine. Now this is coming from someone that had a close friend Die from that crap. Brock is very lucky to be alive if not for his Wife and the Docs at were they found it he would have died from this. He was on such massive doses of Medication to stop it he almost did not survive.
I saw him Wrestle at Minnesota in College and he dominated up there. Put it to you this way take a Grizzly bear shoehorn it in a man and that is Brock Lesner. Then give him a heart made of gold in real life. He is a very quiet man that puts his family first and has gone above what would be needed to protect them. See he could survive or go back into the Professinal Wrestling ring. However he instead took the MMA route and he knows how to work a crowd. He is also has something to prove and will.

kjr_trig

I have absolutely no interest in MMA whatsoever, but did just see a piece on Lesner on ESPN, interesting road that guy has taken. Even made it to the final cut with the Vikings, very good athlete I would say. A bit of psycho, but I suspect most of the sport are.

aquaknight

LESNAR!!!!!! Wow what a win!!! For those that didn't watch, Carwin was completely dominating the first round. Lesnar was on his back and Carwin was just laying into him. How Lesnar was able to survive is superhuman. Carwin basically overextended himself. And 2 minutes into round 2, Lesnar had Carwin on the mat, and in a choke-hold. Carwin eventually tapped out.

aw2x3

BULL SHENANIGANS Lesnar won that fight!!! BULL SHENANIGANS!!!
Any other fight, the ref wouldve called that fight, first round! Carwin beat the mess out of Lesnar...Lesnar, laying on the mat, bloody, not defending himself. That fight was done and done.
This whole deal is gonna turn into WWF and be all about ratings and money!
Lesnar got his big ass handed to him, in the first round and surprise, surprise, won the fight.
BULL SHENANIGANS!!!

aquaknight

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3284123
BULL SHENANIGANS Lesnar won that fight!!! BULL SHENANIGANS!!!
Any other fight, the ref wouldve called that fight, first round! Carwin beat the mess out of Lesnar...Lesnar, laying on the mat, bloody, not defending himself. That fight was done and done.
This whole deal is gonna turn into WWF and be all about ratings and money!
Lesnar got his big ass handed to him, in the first round and surprise, surprise, won the fight.
BULL SHENANIGANS!!!
Come on man... No way... Brock's hands where always up, he was always guarding against the punches. Had the fight been stopped, that would have been BS, Kimbo/Elite XC mess. The fight is stopped when either the guy is lying lifeless on the mat (Lesnar was not), or the other fighter taps out (Carwin did). There's no judgement call in either of those.

speg

See? Even though he won this fight there are still people that give him no respect.....
I WONDER WHY HE ACTS HOSTILE TOWARDS FANS.

crypt keeper

He earned that fight. Carwin did whip him good in the first round. I honestly thought it was over a few times. But he maintained control while he was getting beat. He pushed Carwin off. Had his arms over his face. I knew once Carwin didnt finish him Lesnar was. He has more stamina. He was in better shape. I think they should fight again personally. Maybe Carwin trains harder gets his stamina up and takes it.