let see some puffers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diane4

Hi Mitzel, I tried to send a private email, but it won't accept. Didn't want to cloud up this thread, but curious. What does your DF puffer eat? Mine won't eat anything except raw shrimp. How bout' yours?

ams153

awsome puffers! i like the porcupine ones! i love there smilling faces! but there are no pice of any yet! get some!

mitzel

Originally Posted by diane4
Hi Mitzel, I tried to send a private email, but it won't accept. Didn't want to cloud up this thread, but curious. What does your DF puffer eat? Mine won't eat anything except raw shrimp. How bout' yours?

Everything in my tank gets the same thing . frozen squid, shrimp ,muscles blended together with garlic and sea weed . plus a variate of other stuff just misc frozen and fresh sea food. he also will nibble at the sheets of seaweed I provide the tang. but not enough to say he eats it.
Feel free to email me at michaelmitzel@comcast.net if you have any other questions.

blue20051

Originally Posted by Jonny Bolt
A Puffah porking himself up on a Steamer...

I see that you have some corals in your tank. I thought puffers were not reef safe? I would like to get a puffer some day but i have some zoas, rics and other inverts in my tank.
Could you tell me more about your tank and your puffer?
Thanks!!

jonny bolt

HI. I dont really have a whole lot of corals in my tank yet, just various 'shrooms, yellow polyps, sponge, etc. Me Puff doesnt pay any attention to any of it. He likes sawing up meat with his fused beak LMAO.
I've been pretty fortunate, I've also had a Hermit crab since last Spring, and some Cerith Snails, and some Turbo Snails, and Puffiz has only gotten ahold of one Cerith. I have seen him hovering over the Hermit and try to peck at it, but not often, and he cant get at it. I guess its hit or miss really. Some Puffers can be unruly, but my best friend also has a Valentini and his is also very good in the tank.
Since I dont have a "reef wall" with tons of various corals, I cant really say either way. LIke I mentioned, I think its hit or miss.