Let The Contest Begin

mrdc

Ok, I got the go ahead to start a photo contest. Scott has been gracious enough to award the winner a $25 gift certificate to salterwaterfish.com. I will try to run this contest as smoothly as possible but you might have to bare with me since this will be my first contest. The contest will go for a month and anyone can submit and vote on the pictures. I will monitor the posts and tally up the votes.
How to vote:
Say someone posts a picture in post #9 (as an example) that you want to vote on. All you do to vote is make a post stating that you vote for post #9. And please vote only one time. You can change your vote before the contest deadline since you might like something better that could be posted after you vote. If you change your vote, please edit your original post and don’t post a new vote. I guess I need to also say that when you vote, state that you vote for post whatever. I won’t consider sayings like “I really like the coral in post #44”. I will take that just as a general comment and not a vote. And do your best to vote only once to make it easier for me to tally up the votes.
I hope to get pictures of your
coral that is authentic and not photoshoppd. This will be on the honor system and the prize is really about having fun and get bragging rights in hopes to avoid cheating. Cropping photos will be fine. My original thinking was the picture needed to be something that is currently in your tank. After some thinking, I thought that would be unfair to those that have left the hobby or lost their livestock.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I would like to keep this “first” contest of mine simple and enjoyable.
Now with all that said, I have chosen the picture contest to be of your best LPS CORAL
!!
The votes need to be in by June 23
since that will give me a couple of days to count the votes before my trip.
Good luck!
Please only post one picture so your first picture needs to be your best.

speg

Ok here's my personal favorite/best LPS--Fox Coral.
BTW lets all thank mrdc for getting this going. (thanks!)

slice

Thank you mrdc for this. Lets get the voting started!!
So far, I think #4 has the best pic by far!! I vote for post #4!!
(and yes, I understand I can edit my vote at anytime, just wanted a placeholder)
Thanks again!

bender77

Why don't you have everyone PM you pictures for a couple of weeks then make a post with all the pictures and a poll? I think that would be easier

speg

Dang.. can we please exclude anyone with good cameras??
Nice pic Nike....... *sighs*

mrdc

Originally Posted by bender77
http:///forum/post/3273085
Why don't you have everyone PM you pictures for a couple of weeks then make a post with all the pictures and a poll? I think that would be easier
Easier on me? It might be ... let me think about it for 24 hours before I make a decision.

pirates

Originally Posted by mrdc
http:///forum/post/3273158
No...you can only post one and please don't edit your first picture. I will add that to the rules.
ok
yes i seen that you are not to edit i do not need to and do not know how any ways LoL
And Thanks